Website The Austin Company
The Austin Company Construction Management Summer Internship Program provides a meaningful, paid summer internship experience to high-potential college students who are interested in a Construction career with one of the world’s premier design / construction companies. For approximately 10-12 weeks over the summer, Construction Management Interns are assigned substantive projects and receive developmental feedback to gain a better understanding of the role of Construction Management at Austin. At the end, we hope to meet one of the key objectives of the internship program: to develop students into high-caliber candidates for full-time employment with Austin.
As an Austin intern, your projects have measurable goals and objectives to help with the overall success of many construction projects. The overall goal will be assisting the project manager(s) and superintendents while learning. Examples of tasks:
1. Assist with project estimating and cost control
2. Assist with scheduling of projects
3. Assist with project documentation (RFIs, Punchlists, Quality Checks, Purchase Orders, Change Orders, Submittals etc.
4. Assist with steel fabrication: quality control, documentation, RFIs, takeoffs, production tracking, and steel fabrication schedule
5. Interact with Owner and Owner’s representatives to provide updates and information
6. Oversee subcontractors on small projects
7. Work with direct-hire fabrication and construction personnel
These challenging, highly valued projects provide an opportunity for you to:
1. Learn the various aspects of Construction Management at Austin
2. Work with cross-functional teams.
3. Visit multiple (local) project locations.
· Preferred majors: Construction or Civil Engineering, or Other Engineering or Construction Management curriculums
· Prior internship or job in Construction is a plus
· Critical competencies:
o Analytical ability
o Collaboration/interpersonal skills
o Ability to impact/convince others
o Drive for improvement
o Ability to create new ideas to operate more efficiently
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org